Anal / perianal eczema
Last Updated: 2021-07-26
Spongiotic dermatitis of the anus.
- Toxic-cumulative effects
- Contact allergy (wet toilet wipes)
Erythematous, sometimes confluent, often highly pruritic and excoriated papules in the area of the anus.
- Medical history (atopy, use of wet wipes, hygiene).
- Patch testing if necessary
- Atopy testing if necessary
- If necessary, biopsy in case of therapy resistance and suspicion of extramammary Paget's disease
- Candida swab if necessary
Anal / perianal region.
Secondary colonization with C. albicans.
Typically chronic. Have to break the vicious cycle in case manual irritation is involved. The secret sign for this is lichenification.