Last Updated: 2020-06-01
Syringocystadenoma described by Neumann, syringoma by Fiocco.
Syringocystadenoma, hidradenoma eruptivum.
Darier's Hidradenoma eruptivum, and the more frequent syringoma of the eyelids.
Unclear, possibly embryonic tissue.
Several, oval, pale pink or yellowish, non-scaly, pinhead to pea-sized papules. The longitudinal axis of the oval follows the skin folds. Elevated above the skin surface, noticeable.
Eyelids, eruptive syringomas but also on the neck, shoulders, chest.
Eruptive syringomas occur during childhood, periorbital syringomas slowly in adulthood. Association with trisomy 21, anti-epilepsy medication, hyperthyroidism, diabetes mellitus. Coagulation due to inflammation or hair growth has been described.
Multiple, small epithelial cell accumulations with central ducts surrounded by a cuboidal cell layer. A comma-like shape is quite typical and often visible, well separated from the fibrotic stroma.
No spontaneous recurrence.
- Williams K, Shinkai K. Evaluation and management of the patient with multiple syringomas: A systematic review of the literature. J Am Acad Dermatol 2016; 74:1234.
- Ciarloni L, Frouin E, Bodin F, Cribier B. Syringoma: A clinicopathological study of 244 cases. Ann Dermatol Venereol 2016; 143:521.
- Oztürk F, Ermertcan AT, Bilaç C, Temiz P. A case report of postpubertal eruptive syringoma triggered with antiepileptic drugs. J Drugs Dermatol 2010; 9:707.
- Garrido-Ruiz MC, Enguita AB, Navas R, et al. Eruptive syringoma developed over a waxing skin area. Am J Dermatopathol 2008; 30:377.
- Yoshimi N, Kurokawa I, Kakuno A, et al. Case of generalized eruptive clear cell syringoma with diabetes mellitus. J Dermatol 2012; 39:744.
- Urban CD, Cannon JR, Cole RD. Eruptive syringomas in Down's syndrome. Arch Dermatol 1981; 117:374.
- Polat M, Pelitli A, Oztaş P, et al. Eruptive syringoma associated with hyperthyroidism. Skinmed 2010; 8:124.
- Guitart J, Rosenbaum MM, Requena L. 'Eruptive syringoma': a misnomer for a reactive eccrine gland ductal proliferation? J Cutan Pathol 2003; 30:202.