Lupus miliaris disseminatus faciei
Last Updated: 2023-07-07
Author(s): Anzengruber F., Navarini A.
Tuberculosis cutis miliaris disseminata faciei, disseminated follicular lupus (Tilbury Fox), tuberculosis lupoides miliaris disseminata faciei.
In the past, the disease was classified as a tuberculoid granuloma, but today it is more likely to be a granulomatous form of rosacea.
Peak in age between 30-50 yrs.
There is no relationship to tuberculosis. This is a polyaetiological skin reaction. It is most likely a granulomatous (predominantly epithelioid cell) form of rosacea.
- Erythematous bluish, often follicular papules and papulopustules. A lupoid infiltrate is seen diascopically. Partly itching is described.
- Clinic, incl. diascopy
- Tuberculin and quantiferon test negative
Face, capillitium, cervical and on the trunk.
Chronic course over 1-2 years. Scarring healing.
- Garg T, Ramchander, Shrihar R, Gupta TP , Aggarwal S. Disseminated lupus vulgaris. Skinmed 2011;9:125-6.
- Hruza GJ, Posnick RB , Weltman RE. Disseminated lupus vulgaris presenting as granulomatous folliculitis. Int J Dermatol 1989;28:388-92.
- Kim WB , Mistry N. Lupus Miliaris Disseminatus Faciei With Isolated Axillary Involvement. J Cutan Med Surg 2016;20:153-4.
- Nishimoto J, Amano M , Setoyama M. The detection of Propionibacterium acnes signatures in granulomas of lupus miliaris disseminatus faciei. J Dermatol 2015;42:418-21.
- Cymerman R, Rosenstein R, Shvartsbeyn M, Meehan SA , Kornreich C. Lupus miliaris disseminatus faciei. Dermatol Online J 2015;21.
- Kang BK , Shin MK. Scarring of lupus miliaris disseminatus faciei: treatment with a combination of trichloroacetic acid and carbon dioxide laser. Dermatol Ther 2014;27:168-70.
- Beleznay K, Friedmann DP, Liolios AM, Perry A , Goldman MP. Lupus miliaris disseminatus faciei treated with 1,565 nm nonablative fractionated laser resurfacing: a case report. Lasers Surg Med 2014;46:663-5.
- Manganoni AM, Farisoglio C, Pavoni L, Chiudinelli M, Stillitano G, Ungari M et al. Lupus miliaris disseminatus faciei in a young male: a case report. G Ital Dermatol Venereol 2015.